Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Mum's the word

It was the second midwife visit today and I was glad to be involved.  My important role was to get the star of the show to the meeting on time, which I achieved with flying colours.  After that I was sent packing, back to work, while the Midwives poked, prodded and pried for the best part of an hour.

I know I would have been little more than in the way if I had been there too, but my curious nature always seems to get the better of me.  What did they ask? What did they say? When is the next appointment? Is every thing OK?  I'm sure I can't be the only man who would like to be at their partner's side every step of the way, but our work, to a certain extent, is done for now.

What I do know is that by their calculations we're now at 10+1.  That's a quarter of the way through this adventure already.  Next up is the dating scan when we get to see the newest member of the family for the first time.  After that we'll go public and start telling everybody our good news.  Until then, mum's the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment